FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click a question below to take you directly to the answer or scroll below for all FAQs:
- Is the ticket price per vehicle or per person?
- What's the difference between General Admission and Preferred Parking ?
- Can I upgrade to Preferred Parking from General Admission on-site?
- Can I buy multiple tickets/bring a group to the drive-in?
- Can I reserve spots for my friends/family?
- Can I sit outside of my car?
- What happens if it rains?
- How do I know if a movie or event is canceled/postponed due to weather or other "2020-like" events?
- How do we hear the sound from the movies and live events in/out of our vehicle?
- Can I use my iPhone to listen to the audio?
- Can I leave during the show?
- Can I stay for 2 shows?
- Do you sell snacks and refreshments on-site?
- How do I order food on-site from the food trucks?
- Do you have Kosher options?
- Can I park backwards?
- Are there bathrooms on-site?
- Can I bring my pets?
- Can I book the drive-in for my corporate or private events?
- Do I need a vehicle to come to the drive-in?
- Are mopeds/motorcycles allowed?
- How long will the drive-in be open?
- What time is the latest I can drive in before the gates close?
- I have a very large vehicle, where will I be placed?
1. Is the ticket/admission price per vehicle or per person?
Ticket prices are PER VEHICLE and not per person.
2. What's the difference between General Admission and Preferred Parking?
Preferred parking is a zone at the drive-in site with a center view of the stage. Please note that first come first serve and SUV positioning still apply inside of the preferred section and the general admission zones. Tickets are available to purchase PER VEHICLE and not per person.
3. Can I upgrade to Preferred Parking from General Admission on-site?
Tickets have been selling out fast, however, if spots in the preferred parking zone are still available, you can upgrade from General Admission to Preferred Parking at the Customer Service tent located near the entrance.
4. Can I buy multiple tickets/bring a group to the drive-in?
Tickets are to be purchased individually through the website. If you are looking to bring 10 or more cars to an event/movie, please contact us for a group deal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Can I reserve spots for my friends/family?
No, parking spaces cannot be saved for other vehicles. This is to make the parking availabilities fair to all of our customers. Cars are parked on a first come, first serve basis.
6. Can I sit outside of my car?
Yes, you can sit/setup in the area in front of your vehicle as long as you maintain the proper social distancing.
7. What happens if it rains?
Movies will be aired rain or shine except in extreme weather conditions for the safety of our customers and our staff. Our policy is that as long as we can still play the movie, we will not give out rain-checks or refunds. Patrons can still sit in their cars and watch the movie. If the showing is canceled, you will be offered a credit for another date. Please check the WEATHER AND EVENT UPDATES page for always up-to-date weather/cancelation information.
8. How do I know if a movie or event is canceled/postponed due to weather or other "2020-like" events?
Please check the WEATHER AND EVENT UPDATES page for always up-to-date weather/cancelation information. We update it regularly as the day progresses so you are always in the know!
9. How do we hear the sound from the movies and live events in/out of our vehicle?
You can listen to the movies or live event by tuning your vehicle’s radio to FM stations displayed on the screen before the show begins. In addition, the sound is broadcast throughout the drive-in site so you can hear the movie if you are sitting outside of your vehicle, picking up food from the food trucks or buying something from the concession stand.
10. Can I use my iPhone to listen to the audio?
No, the audio is broadcast throughout the site only. iPhones do not have FM radio capabilities.
11. Can I leave during the show?
In case of emergency, please find any staff member in order to assist your exit (staff is found throughout the site wearing neon yellow tshirts). Please note that for safety precautions, no re-entry is allowed after exiting.
12. Can I stay for 2 shows?
If you're interested in staying for the second show, please see customer service located near the entrance for an additional ticket.
13. Do you sell snacks and refreshments on-site?
We have a selection of food, snacks and refreshments available on-site from our partner food trucks and concession stand.
See the food trucks FAQ below for more information. You can visit the concession stand on-site for some delicious snacks/refreshments, including Bad Monkey Popcorn selections, cotton candy, chocolate/sweets, drinks and Slush Puppie.
There will also be mobile concession carts navigating throughout the drive-in site so you can easily order any of the above from your car.
14. How do I order food on-site from the food trucks?
Click ORDER FOOD from our website's navigation and then choose the food truck you'd like to order from. You can place your order directly with the food truck's linked site which will give you an estimate for pick up from their window. Food can only be ordered on-site at the drive-in and not before the event/movie.
15. Do you have Kosher options?
Bad Monkey Popcorn is available on-site at the concession stand and on the mobile concession carts throughout the site.
16. Can I park backwards?
No. Tailgate usage is prohibited to allow all guests to be able to enjoy the show without a blocked view and to make sure that all guests can exit safely. You are welcome to setup in front of your vehicle if you'd like to be outside.
17. Are there bathrooms on-site?
Of course! Bathrooms are located towards the back of the site and are sanitized between usages. Safety is our biggest concern. We want you to have fun and stay safe!
18. Can I bring my pets?
We know you love your pets (we do too!) but we ask that you leave your pets at home for your visit to the drive-in.
19. Can I book the drive-in for my corporate or private events?
Absolutely! What makes us unique is that we are Montreal's first and only fully convertible drive-in event theatres. Contact us through our VENUE RENTAL page and we'd be happy to provide you with all of the information you need.
20. Do I need a vehicle to come to the drive-in?
The Quebec government has mandated that you must be in a vehicle to attend a drive-in. Stay tuned for updates as we receive them from the government.
21. Are mopeds/motorcycles allowed?
Yes. If it rains, obviously you won't have any covering but that's entirely up to you. Please check the WEATHER AND EVENT UPDATES page for always up-to-date weather/cancelation information.
22. How long will the drive-in be open?
We will be running many different types of programming throughout the summer until the end of October. Take your summer back! #driveintogetout
23. What time is the latest I can drive in before the gates close?
We allow entrance right up until show time. Even though there are no bad spots at the Royalmount Drive-In Event Theatre, please note that cars are parked on a first-come, first-served basis so depending on your arrival time, you may be placed closer to the back of the site.
24. I have a very large vehicle, where will I be placed?
There are no bad spots but out of respect to all attendees, large pickups and tall vehicles will be placed towards the back of each zone. Preferred spots are available and will be centred but placed at the back.
For any information not found on this page, feel free to send an email to email@example.com and we will get back to as soon as possible.